Welcome to Notebook 3.3!
This new version finally makes Notebook intuitive! This user guide is now unnecessary.
Here are the new features in this version:
- Added a Read mode so that you can scroll through a page without bringing up the keyboard.
- Added Cancel buttons for tearing out and renaming pages rather than requiring the Back button.
- The Preferences screen automatically saves all settings when you exit.
- No more default font size! The app remembers your previous font size when you load a page.
- New Revision of the Dark Theme.
Here are the bugs that were fixed in this version:
- Renaming a page no longer deletes all text in the page.
- The "Page Title Font Size" option now does something.
- The "Tear Page Out" button has a special notification when it is disabled telling you so. These notifications now also exist on the "Add New Page" and "Rename Page" buttons.
- First-time users do not see all of the switches on the first time they check out the Preferences screen.
- The code behind the Index screen was revised in other ways besides the user-noticeable bug fixes. (There were a couple unnoticeable errors in there.) You should not notice these changes.
How to use Notebook 3.3:
You start at the text editor screen. Here, you can tap on the textbox and start typing. Use the slider at the top to change the font size. Tap the "Read" button to enter a Reading mode, where you cannot type. This makes it easier to scroll without bringing up your keyboard. The button turns to a "Write" button, and you can tap it to go back to the Writing mode. Tap the "Index" button (or use your device's Back button) to go to the list of "pages", or notes. The page is automatically saved when you exit. On this screen, you can see all of your pages and modify them. Tap a page to edit it. The rest of this scren explains itself. Try out all the buttons! The "Preferences" button takes you to the Preferences screen. Here, you can disable features, set the range for the font size slider, and change the font size of the page titles.
That's it! Enjoy Notebook for quick note-taking and, with the new Reading mode, being able to use your phone as a quick information reference on-the-go!